Thursday, October 27, 2011

Michael Jackson's Rare Beer Club

I am a pretty big beer nerd. (hence the title of this blog) For my first official post, I want to talk about Michael Jackson's (the deceased beer/scotch aficionado, not the singer) Rare Beer Club. I joined this club about a month ago, with the hopes, of acquiring some rare beers that are not available in Missouri. So far, I can not say enough good things about this company. I received my first shipment a few days ago. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed. Instead of this month's featured beers, the RBC sent me a Stateside Saison and a Saison de Cazeau. Do not get me wrong, both of these saisons are hard to find and delicious (B+ on Beer Advocate). However, I can purchase them both here in Missouri. I was expecting to receive a Four Calling Birds from The Bruery and Lupulo de Hielo from Jolly Pumpkin. I then expressed my discontent with the shipment to the company. Within hours, a customer service representative replied and explained that on the very first shipment, they send the customer selections from previous months that they may have extras of. He then informed me that, since I expected different beers and was not satisfied, the club would send me the correct selections free of charge! Aside from the excellent customer service, this beer club is the real deal. The beers they offer are very rare and always come from highly rated producers such as Cigar City, De Ranke and so on. At just over 40 dollars a month, including shipping for 750ml bottles of world class beer this club is a pretty good deal. For example, October's selections would both cost $16 to $20 a piece retail. They also have opt out options and craft/import six pack programs. So, far I am very excited about this club! http://www.beermonthclub.com/the-rare-beer-club.htm


---Update--- 10/28/2011
I received the Lupulo de Hielo and Four Calling Birds today, which reaffirms my previous statement about the company's excellent customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment