Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bananatana (Review)

I just wanted to quickly review an interesting beer I had a few days ago. Bananatana is the ultimate in banana beer. That is simply the easiest way to describe it. This ale was created by De 3 Horne Bierbrouweij in the Netherlands with bananas and plantains. Like the name and description imply that is exactly what this beer is. This beer is a very thick and cloudy brown, in which banana is the only flavor I picked out of it. And it is banana-y. This brewery somehow managed to liquify some bananas and ferment the mush. It is sweet and kind of funky looking, but interesting and worth a try if you are bored. It is around 5% abv. Beer Advocate gives it a C+, I think this rating is unfair as several non-banana fans have lowered the ranking by giving it an F. I think it is at least a B-. It retails for around $9.99 at the Brown Derby International Wine Center, in Springfield, MO.

3 comments:

  1. Is there a big difference between C+ and B- these days? Jk Also give the people what they really want and review Bud Chelada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is my review of that. Tomato juice + Bud Light, shaken together via a paint mixer. I am sorry, I am too lazy to think of a clever response...I will not give it a letter or number review because I am going to post an interesting article and hopefully stimulate some discussion on that issue in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stimulate this!!! (Puts fingers in butthole)

    ReplyDelete